TICUA BENEFIT CONSORTIUM IS CLOSED (EFFECTIVE APRIL 30, 2019)
The TICUA Benefit Consortium Board of Directors elected to close the TICUA Benefit Consortium and the sponsored Healthcare Plans effective April 30, 2019. This website will remain open until April 30, 2020 to support members who have any open claims that occurred prior to April 30, 2019 but have not been paid or settled.
Special Note: Any claim that occurred prior to May 1, 2019 must be submitted for payment by one (1) year from the date of service to be considered for payment.
For assistance or questions regarding claims occurred prior to May 1, 2019 use one of the following customer service numbers:
Care Coordinators - Quantum Health (877)498-6699 (until May 31, 2019)
Meritain Health Customer Service (800) 925-2272 (After May 31, 2019)
What is the TICUA Benefit Consortium (TBC)?
A health plan created in 2001 by TICUA member institutions which came together for the common purpose of providing quality coverage at stable costs to the member institutions, their faculty and staff.
What are TBC’s Goals?
- Support private higher education in Tennessee and around the country
- Quality of Service
- Stability of plan costs
- Improve the long term health of Members’ employees by identifying the presence of health conditions in segments of the covered population and target those individuals for educational intervention
- Reduction of operating costs as percentage of total cost per employee per year
- Sharing risk within the group
- “Control of Destiny” in benefit design. tailoring the benefit plan(s) to more effectively meet the needs of institutions of higher learning.
- Participants’ appeals decided internally by Board, not by insurance company
TICUA Benefit Consortium, Inc.
555 Marriott Drive, Suite 315
Nashville, TN 37214