THe TICUA Executive Leadership Institute Selection Form
(The 2020-21 ELI Selection Form can be found at the bottom of this page.)
The TICUA Executive Leadership Institute is a new and innovative leadership development program for those senior campus leaders who seek to strengthen their current and future roles within their institution and who may be considering a college or university presidency. The program not only strives to provide the leadership knowledge and skills necessary to prepare senior campus officials for the presidency but more importantly, is designed to strengthen the local campus’ leadership team.
The TICUA Executive Leadership Institute will assist next generation leaders
- To enhance professional leadership knowledge and skills in the specific context of
private higher education.
- To develop knowledge and skills needed to respond to uncertainty.
- To prepare for the unique opportunities and challenges facing the leadership of private higher education institutions.
- To learn from content experts and sitting TICUA member presidents (Residential Dean).
- To explore and learn about the unique aspects of host member campuses.
- To explore solutions to campus-specific questions, problems, issues, or challenges utilizing data-driven decision-making.
Institute sessions will be held for two days once a month from September, 2020 through May, 2021.
The Institute will hold monthly sessions at select TICUA member campuses with presidents of the host institutions serving as Residential Deans to the Institute Fellows during that two-day session. Residential Deans will provide their personal “presidential story” and also their thoughts and insights about the session topic. Each session also will include an intensive “deep-dive” into the content focus of the session provided by Institute faculty who have been recruited to facilitate because of their expertise. Monthly sessions will begin in September 2020 with graduation occurring in May 2021. Fellows will be expected to arrive on time and remain until the session ends. Fellows will be expected to complete pre-session readings and other work assigned to enhance the session learning experience.
TICUA commits to providing an assessment and evaluation framework that will effectively measure the Institute’s comprehensive
out-comes and individual session outcomes to not only assure funders, member campuses, and participants of a worthwhile return
on their investment but also to assure that the Institute continues to develop and improve.
Presidential Selection Form
The selecting President should provide the following information.
I wish to nominate the following Fellow: